Skip to main content

On Reputation and Daily Quests

Below is a list of all the reputations that I plan to get for the "40 Exalted Reputations" achievement. These reputations are all required to be at exalted
for other achievements:

Ogrimmar
Darkspear trolls
Silvermoon City
Thunderbluff
The Undercity
Timbermaw Hold
Sporegar
The Mag'har
The Argent Dawn
The Argent Crusade
Cenarion Circle
Cenarion Expedition
Zandalar Tribe
Hydraxian Waterlords
Brood of Nozdormu
Thrallmar
Lower City
The Sha'tar
Keepers of Time
Sha'tari Skyguard
Ogri'la
Shattered Sun Offensive
Netherwing
The Consortium
The Scryers
Ashrongue Deathsworn
The Scale of the Sands
The Violet Eye
The Wormrest Accord
The Horde Expedition
Knights of the Ebon Blade
The Kulu'ak
The Frenzyheart Tribe
The Oracles
The Kirin Tor
The Ashen Verdict
The Sunreavers (Argent Tournament)
Frostwolf Clan (PVP)
The Forsaken Defilers (PVP)
Warsong Outriders (PVP)

That's 41 *required* reputations for other achievements. What concerns me the
most is that some of the factions (Hydraxian Waterlords in particular) are
basically impossible to grind - you have to simply do a weekly resettable raid
dungeon every week for 26 weeks. This _seems_ easy enough, but I worry about
missing a few weeks here and there and simply not being able to complete
everything in time.

I'm not really worried about grindable reputations and reputations with a lot
of daily quests since I'm not really limited much in the number of times I can
do these quests. The Waterlords and the Brood of Nozdormu are probably the most
concerning and will take a prolonged, dedicated effort. By comparison, ZG is,
at least in theory, partially soloable.

Getting all these to exalted opens up a lot of pets and mounts that I need for
the other achievements as well as a large number of meta-achievements.

My plan is simple: focus on Sunreavers/Argent Crusade/5 Home Cities via the
Argent Tournament dailies until I hit exalted. Work on Outland and Northrend
dailies where possible, doing the hardest ones first. Use quests and grinding
for most of the others and look for dedicated groups for some of the Classic
raid reps (with targetted grinding where possible).


Getting most of these factions will unlock the most of the mounts needed for "A Mountain of Mounts" (Collect 100 mounts) The best guide I have seen for this achievement is here: http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=295#horde

An excellent list of most daily quests in the game, along with the reputation gains is listed here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Daily_quest

My plan for this rep, coupled with other dailies:

Work on getting all of the Argent Tournament rep (5 Home factions plus Sunreavers and Argent Crusade) via doing as many of those dailies as I can. This will also unlock new dailies when Sunreavers hits exalted - dailies that I can use to get tokens to buy mounts with.

While doing this, it's probably a good idea to work on Oracles Rep until I hit exalted by doing the dailies regularly. The reason for this is that I need to do all 8 dailies for the achievement, hit exalted, then repeat with Frenzyheart which will reset my Oracles reputation back to honored in order to get all of the achievements needed.

Obviously, while doing the dailies, I'll be able to search for the missing NPC's for Frostbitten and probably do any regular quests that I find myself near.

The other dailies that I pretty much need to do every day are the two cooking and fishing dailies. These are my number 1 priority since I need completely random items with a very low (<1%) drop rate from these two quests for other achievements. (Especially Chocolate Birthday Cake). I'll get Kirin Tor rep from the cooking. I also want to do the battleground daily each day as it's a good way to get honor and break any monotony.

If I have time, I'll work on the Kalu'ak dailies for 500 reputation each in Borean Tundra, Dragonblight and Howling Fjord.

After all that, I'll go do Ogrila, Skyguard and Netherwing dailies if I have time.

Finally, I'll work on completing the regular quests that are NOT near any dailies that I am working on. I'll start with Borean Tundra. Doing all the quests is a great way to pick up rep.

I plan to work backwards in time, focusing on the current content and gradually moving to BC and then working on older content. This means I won't reach Timbermaw and other factions until later in the project and at that time, I'll post my strategy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 8/12/23: I finished three more Dragon Isles pet world quests for [Battle on the Dragon Isles II] - just one more to go! Next up, I have a whole bunch of trainers to do to get [An Awfully Big Adventure] - I'm going to start on this now but I have 20 more to do to get Trunks. 8/13/23: Mote Little Scales Daycare to start the day off. I'm nearing the end now - just one more whelp to go. 8/14/23: I finished all the Little Scales Daycare quests and now have [Hey Nanny, Nanny]]! 8/20/23: [Daycare Derby]! Good start to the day. 8/28/23: I started the day by doing the snail daily - just two more to go! Next, I worked on Lomen Niffen rep, trying to get 1500 for the weekly. 8/29/23: Logged in quickly before reset. I did a snail daily (one more to go!) and then defeated Adinakon in a pet battle to pick up [Battle on the Dragon Isles II]! 9/2/23: I worked on the 1500 Loamen Niffen rep for the weekly. It took a surprising number of world quests to get there. 9/3/23: I worked on Secrets of A

[3,115 of 4,646] A whole lot of random.

 7/21/23: I started the day with some quests from the dragon hatchery and for Chromie. The Chromie one was fun - she turned me into a quest giver and had me hand out quests. After that, I did the Tempo quests near Chromie and picked up a cosmetic shades in the process. Next, I worked on the Daycare questline. I now have to wait until tomorrow before continuing. lAfter that, I worked on Loamen Niffen rep to get the 1500 for the weekly. The first quest I did however was for a 405 bracer that I upgraded to 411. (afternoon) I just learned that I can buy Vault keys for 50 Dragonscale Supplies each! [Every Door, Everywhere, All at Once] is mine! I also picked up An Odd Round Object, which is an item I needed to continue the "story" questline from Voraxian (this is an achievement I was working on a few days ago). 7/22/23: I noticed that Old Hatreds' mob was no longer evade bugged and so finally finished that questline, getting [A New Beginning]! Next up, Little Scales Daycare fo

[3,126 of 4,647] The Shadows Revealed!

 8/7/23: I picked up the Duskytooth Snooter by repeatedly resetting the Mechagon instance 18 times until it spawned! Next I did some more Little Scales Daycare quests and picked up two more pets from it. 1464 total now. Now to use my Ultrasafe Transporter and head back to Mechagon to get the last two pets I need. The first of which, Specimen 97, looks like it should be easy enough to catch as it's supposed to be unique but always up. The last one I needed was Yellow Junkhopper. I took the advice on wowhead and made a macro to target it, then repeatedly exited and re-entered the Mechagon instance in order to eventually have one pop up. I think I did this thirteen times or so before it worked (lockout is at 10, so it took an extra hour) and now I finally have [Mecha-Safari]!  I went after the Shadowlands pets next. I was missing four, including Clutch which is semi-rare so I went after that one first. The rest were easy and so now I have [Shadowlands Safari]]! 8/8/23: I spent a bit o