Skip to main content

Planning for the last few days before Shadowlands

Last night I played for a little longer and picked up Scraptastic! in Mechagon (wake up and feed Scrappy the dog) and did a healf-hearted Visions of Nzoth run.

I headed back to Naz'jatar to do the follower rep dailies. I took a shot at finding Underlight Sealamp from the elite naga and scored one on my very first attempt! I now need twelve more items for Give Me the Biggest Bag You've Got!

Mrrl had nothing useful today, so I got in a quick pet battle for more pet charms and killed the Caverndeep Terror again in the hopes of getting the pet (no luck so far).

Running out of time, I headed to the AH and spent a small fortune (average cost 1000g per item) on Three Sheets to the Wind and Sausage Sampler items. I couldn't find everything I needed so I'm going to hop on my Alliance priest when I start playing again and grab the rest from there via the AH.


Mechagon Planning

I have a lot of almost-finished Mechagon achievements, especially in the "exploration" category. Most of them are either things where I need to wait for a specific quest/spawn or that need a lot of work to complete. I'm going to be more proactive about checking for these and working on them daily until Shadowlands.

Rest In Pistons: I still need OOX-Avenger/MG, The Kleptoboss and The Doppel Gang. 

OOX-Avenger/MG: Check Rustbolt for Oglethorp Obnocticus. If up, do this: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=151296/oox-avenger-mg#comments

The Kleptoboss: Check 73,33 Waren to see if drills are up. If they are, do the drill at 68,48

The Doppel Gang: Check 73,33 Walton for Cogfrenzy's Construction Frenzy. If yes, then get 3 plays and do https://www.wowhead.com/quest=56405/cogfrenzys-construction-frenzy

Junkyard Megalomaniac

Triumph of Gnomergan: Daily, kill Steel Singer Freza. Do normal Reclamation Rig. Do Hard Mode Reclamation Rig. (Latter two need a group). Need to get the Supercollider from an armory for hard mode. 

https://www.wowhead.com/item=169692/vinyl-triumph-of-gnomeregan#comments

Junkyard Scavenger/ Apprentice/ Tinkerer

Craft lots of items. I've done 20. I need 1000 :( There isn't much to this and I'm going to hold off until closer to the end, since it's just a spare parts farm.

Deep Pockets/ Head Financier of Mechagon

I have 87 of these and need 1000 contributions to construction projects. The armory is probably the best one to do since it's deeded for the almost-daily Reclamation Rig Hardmode.

Junkyard Architect

Emergency Rocket Chicken: this is a possible drop from OOX-Avenger (see above).

Holographic Digitalization Relay: Check if Discs of Norgannon quest is up at 72,37 then do it. 4 chances at the drop if other players are around.

Rustbolt Requisitions: Hardmode Reclamation Rig.

Green Spraybot: Check if Trogg is up at 82 22. See if he yells "kill green" If so, go to 63.5 42 and get green paint then aggro the Trogg.

Annoy-o-Tron Gang: Gather Hardened Springs etc. then turn them in for More Recycling. Best done in a group. This is part of the spare parts farm.

Outside Influences

Playtime's Over!: See if Toy's for Destruction is up in Rustbolt. Do it. See if this is the followup.

Taking the Air Out: See if "Unprofitable Ventures" is up in Rustbolt (Mokka 72,37). Accept it and get A Direct Approach. Do those and see if Taking the Air Out shows up.


SUMMARY: 

1. Check Rustbolt for Oglethorp Obnocticus

2. Check Warren or Walton (73.33) for drills or cogfrenzy quest. 

3. Check Toys for Destruction quest. 

4. Check Mokka at 72,37 for Unprofitable Ventures. 

5. Check Trogg (green) (82,22). 

6. Kill Steel Singer Freza (25,78). 

7. Check 72,37 for Discs quest. 

8. Check groups for Reclamation rig (normal and hardmode) then spare parts farming and recycling group.



Non-Mechagon Planning

In addition to the above, I'm aiming to do the following:

1. Keep grinding daily Naz'jatar companion quests and checking for rares etc. Mrrl and puzzle chests too.

2. Gather 1000 pet charms from world quests to get more storage for Shadowlands.

3. Buy the various items needed, /love the critters etc. for all the miscellaneous exploration achievements. Many of these are almost complete and now is the time to clear them out.

4. Rajani rep to exalted and work on other achievements in that zone.

5. Do visions of Nzoth for any toys still in there and to get We Have the Technology. In addition, this will clear my backs of the items before Shadowlands.

6. Try to get into a heroic raid for Darkshore to unlock the mount.

7. Weekly Periodic Destruction etc.

8. Do all of the old dungeon achievements (and raids).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 8/12/23: I finished three more Dragon Isles pet world quests for [Battle on the Dragon Isles II] - just one more to go! Next up, I have a whole bunch of trainers to do to get [An Awfully Big Adventure] - I'm going to start on this now but I have 20 more to do to get Trunks. 8/13/23: Mote Little Scales Daycare to start the day off. I'm nearing the end now - just one more whelp to go. 8/14/23: I finished all the Little Scales Daycare quests and now have [Hey Nanny, Nanny]]! 8/20/23: [Daycare Derby]! Good start to the day. 8/28/23: I started the day by doing the snail daily - just two more to go! Next, I worked on Lomen Niffen rep, trying to get 1500 for the weekly. 8/29/23: Logged in quickly before reset. I did a snail daily (one more to go!) and then defeated Adinakon in a pet battle to pick up [Battle on the Dragon Isles II]! 9/2/23: I worked on the 1500 Loamen Niffen rep for the weekly. It took a surprising number of world quests to get there. 9/3/23: I worked on Secrets of A

[3,115 of 4,646] A whole lot of random.

 7/21/23: I started the day with some quests from the dragon hatchery and for Chromie. The Chromie one was fun - she turned me into a quest giver and had me hand out quests. After that, I did the Tempo quests near Chromie and picked up a cosmetic shades in the process. Next, I worked on the Daycare questline. I now have to wait until tomorrow before continuing. lAfter that, I worked on Loamen Niffen rep to get the 1500 for the weekly. The first quest I did however was for a 405 bracer that I upgraded to 411. (afternoon) I just learned that I can buy Vault keys for 50 Dragonscale Supplies each! [Every Door, Everywhere, All at Once] is mine! I also picked up An Odd Round Object, which is an item I needed to continue the "story" questline from Voraxian (this is an achievement I was working on a few days ago). 7/22/23: I noticed that Old Hatreds' mob was no longer evade bugged and so finally finished that questline, getting [A New Beginning]! Next up, Little Scales Daycare fo

[3,126 of 4,647] The Shadows Revealed!

 8/7/23: I picked up the Duskytooth Snooter by repeatedly resetting the Mechagon instance 18 times until it spawned! Next I did some more Little Scales Daycare quests and picked up two more pets from it. 1464 total now. Now to use my Ultrasafe Transporter and head back to Mechagon to get the last two pets I need. The first of which, Specimen 97, looks like it should be easy enough to catch as it's supposed to be unique but always up. The last one I needed was Yellow Junkhopper. I took the advice on wowhead and made a macro to target it, then repeatedly exited and re-entered the Mechagon instance in order to eventually have one pop up. I think I did this thirteen times or so before it worked (lockout is at 10, so it took an extra hour) and now I finally have [Mecha-Safari]!  I went after the Shadowlands pets next. I was missing four, including Clutch which is semi-rare so I went after that one first. The rest were easy and so now I have [Shadowlands Safari]]! 8/8/23: I spent a bit o