Skip to main content

[2568 of 3898] Misc. stuff and All The Things



Lots of miscellaneous stuff this update. After the long grind of the Alliance war campaign, I decided to pick up whatever happened to be nearby according to All The Things. 

I started with the Darkmoon Faire to get the 10% buff so that I could work on the Rajani rep I'm still missing (about 6k to go - this will be my 100th rep too!), along with the 16% buff from the event. As usual when I visit, I grab 5x Simple Flour for the cooking quest and a set of BoE quest items. Usually these cost 100g to 400g on my server but instead they were around 1500g each this time. I turned in one of each anyway on the assumption that new DMF items will end up being added in Shadowlands and I'd rather have a surplus of tokens.

Next up was a set of four island expeditions for the cap. I made it a point to do quests as I'm missing a lot of those. As for the PVP achievements, I've given up on these without an explicit group being made to farm them as there are never any queues. I keep getting crappy treasure maps that grant Azerite :(

Darkshore and honorbound service medals were next. This made me realize I still need one of the heroic battles to buy one of the mounts here. I need to get that handled this week as there is little chance the heroic raids are going to run regularly in Shadowlands. I also picked up a new toy from a rare, leaving just four rare items in Darkshore to get.

Next up was my child of torcali daily for the direhorn mount. I'd completely forgotten about these. I'm roughly halfway through the chain right now.

A quick stop to a few co-ordinates in Zandalar to "acquire" certain drinks like Dark and Stormy for the achievement. I guess due to EU laws they no longer want you to drink them, just acquire them.

Bow to your Masters was next. This involves bowing to nine gods, one of whom was inside a dungeon. Easy enough, and I got to get a good look at areas I hadn't noticed before, like the Sethralis snake temple.

A quick look at ATT made me realize I could buy a new mount for 90k in Naj, so I did. Anything under 300k is probably worth buying for the 400 mount achievement.

I then ended up doing several of the trashpile quests for Get Hek'ed - there are over a dozen quests and it's hard to tell where to start because they don't need to be done in order. Irritatingly, I didn't realize that they have to be turned in to the nearest trashpile so wasted a bit of time collecting multiple items.




Eating Out of the Palm of My Tiny Hand - feed three brutasaurs with the food they like the most. As an aside, the unique food appears to sell for about 5000g each if you can find a lazy buyer.

I worked on Life Finds a Way... to Die! and spent a bunch of time killing a 300,000 hitpoint brutosaur that wasn't the correct mob :) Also killed some of the other spawns. Alt right-click for co-ordinates in ATT was very useful here.

Finished the Treasures of Zuldazar - the "gift of the brokenhearted" was particularly poignant, comprised of a Bad Troll Love Poem, some Sunfruit and some (troll) Tusk Wax that was "gently used". Most annoying was the Spoils of Pandaria, where the minimap shows you are on the correct level for the chest but actually (thanks wowhead!) "If you find yourself confused and looking at a big, unclickable chest, you are one level too high. It's all the way at the bottom of the ship."

I picked up the Echoes of Rezan toy from the world quest Wrath of Rezan. The quest is still bugged as of today - you have to log out and back in in order to actually receive the item in your toybox.

And that's it! Next up will be more Rejani rep later tonight and I'll try to finish the Trashmaster quests.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 8/12/23: I finished three more Dragon Isles pet world quests for [Battle on the Dragon Isles II] - just one more to go! Next up, I have a whole bunch of trainers to do to get [An Awfully Big Adventure] - I'm going to start on this now but I have 20 more to do to get Trunks. 8/13/23: Mote Little Scales Daycare to start the day off. I'm nearing the end now - just one more whelp to go. 8/14/23: I finished all the Little Scales Daycare quests and now have [Hey Nanny, Nanny]]! 8/20/23: [Daycare Derby]! Good start to the day. 8/28/23: I started the day by doing the snail daily - just two more to go! Next, I worked on Lomen Niffen rep, trying to get 1500 for the weekly. 8/29/23: Logged in quickly before reset. I did a snail daily (one more to go!) and then defeated Adinakon in a pet battle to pick up [Battle on the Dragon Isles II]! 9/2/23: I worked on the 1500 Loamen Niffen rep for the weekly. It took a surprising number of world quests to get there. 9/3/23: I worked on Secrets of A

[3,115 of 4,646] A whole lot of random.

 7/21/23: I started the day with some quests from the dragon hatchery and for Chromie. The Chromie one was fun - she turned me into a quest giver and had me hand out quests. After that, I did the Tempo quests near Chromie and picked up a cosmetic shades in the process. Next, I worked on the Daycare questline. I now have to wait until tomorrow before continuing. lAfter that, I worked on Loamen Niffen rep to get the 1500 for the weekly. The first quest I did however was for a 405 bracer that I upgraded to 411. (afternoon) I just learned that I can buy Vault keys for 50 Dragonscale Supplies each! [Every Door, Everywhere, All at Once] is mine! I also picked up An Odd Round Object, which is an item I needed to continue the "story" questline from Voraxian (this is an achievement I was working on a few days ago). 7/22/23: I noticed that Old Hatreds' mob was no longer evade bugged and so finally finished that questline, getting [A New Beginning]! Next up, Little Scales Daycare fo

[3,126 of 4,647] The Shadows Revealed!

 8/7/23: I picked up the Duskytooth Snooter by repeatedly resetting the Mechagon instance 18 times until it spawned! Next I did some more Little Scales Daycare quests and picked up two more pets from it. 1464 total now. Now to use my Ultrasafe Transporter and head back to Mechagon to get the last two pets I need. The first of which, Specimen 97, looks like it should be easy enough to catch as it's supposed to be unique but always up. The last one I needed was Yellow Junkhopper. I took the advice on wowhead and made a macro to target it, then repeatedly exited and re-entered the Mechagon instance in order to eventually have one pop up. I think I did this thirteen times or so before it worked (lockout is at 10, so it took an extra hour) and now I finally have [Mecha-Safari]!  I went after the Shadowlands pets next. I was missing four, including Clutch which is semi-rare so I went after that one first. The rest were easy and so now I have [Shadowlands Safari]]! 8/8/23: I spent a bit o