Skip to main content

[2,825 of 4,078] Lots more Zereth Mortis stuff

 Tuesday, May 24, 2022:

I get a 265 shoulders from my weekly chest and a +10 key. I could have taken the 239 gloves for my 4-piece instead but I plan on handling that later this week, and ilevel is more important.

My week long Zereth Mortis research has finally completed and so I can unlock the Architect questline to be able to craft mounts.

I picked up the Makaris's Satchel of Mines toy on the first attempt.

Wednesday:

I unlocked the protoform forge and crafted my first mount, (giving me [Synthesized]) then went around collecting schematics I'd not been able to pick up yet, while also working on Patterns Within Patters to get my Enlightened rep to revered. As part of this, I fought Antros for the week and clicked on one of the orbs, giving me [Cosmic Empowerment].

Friday:

Finishing up some world quests to complete Patterns Within Patterns. I also finished another small quesline in Zereth Mortis that I was unaware I still needed and I picked up another two schematics. I'm slowly getting all of them as I fly around the zone.

One of my bigger problems right now is that is have SO MUCH crap in my bags from various zones, mostly partly-completed stuff like protoform lattices or keys to open chests in Korthia or zone-specific things like Sturdy Horseshoe from Revendreth or seven Gersahal Greens for the mount from the last expansion. I really need to take a day just to finish all this stuff off.

 

One thing I didn't realize until now: https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=185261/requisites-originator#comments is a weekly quest that can reward an item needed to craft one of the mounts. I need to remember to do this each week.

 

Still working on Patterns Within Patterns. Along the way I picked up the Crushed Supply Crate mini-treasure. To get it, you need to get a tool above the treasure itself, then you need to talk to a nearby Jiro to get a hammer to finally break the rocks and get the treasure. https://www.wowhead.com/object=375382/crushed-supply-crate#comments

I also napped the Heartbound Lupine schematic from a large wolf in a cave.

I picked up the Bronze Helcid schematic for my mount from the weekly chest!

Now that I'm Revered, I have access to all the 239 conduits for free, as well as the Memory of Unity for my second 291 legendary!

I need to plan out my gear carefully as I want to ensure I get the 4-piece bonus, plus both legendaries.

First, back to Revendreth to upgrade the conduits and dump my anima and send out adverturers.

 

Friday evening and I'm working on The Maw quests for some reason. I think the "Jailer's efforts subdued" meter has mocked me for too many weeks. I finished up the quest to gather 20 souls (I need this to upgrade my Venthyr sanctum) and I did the weekly Kyrian set of quests in the Maw.



 

 

Saturday:

I logged in at 8am to Zereth Mortis and found a whole bunch of rares had just popped up. I killed four of them, including two that I still needed for the achievement.

Back to Revendreth to do the usual daily things and then I'm going to start planning out how to get a four-piece set bonus plus two 291 legendaries. I can use the Zereth Mortis forge thing to upgrade an item, and I have enough Sandworn Relics to buy a 246 item that I can turn into a tier piece if I need to.

First up, I need to craft a wrist version of my Unity legendary. I picked up the base 291 item plus a crit and vers missive from the AH and then bought a Bag of Explored Souls from the Enlightened quartermaster. 

And then I promptly messed it up. I crafted the Venthyr legendary and not the memory of unity legendary. What a stupid system.

15,000g and a trip to Orgrimmar and back to Torghast later, I finally have my second legendary. Next up: I need to figure out how to get my set bonus.

A trip to Zereth Mortis and I need to buy some mail hands with Sandworn Relics so I can turn them into tier gear and then a trip to the creation catalyst and now I have 2x291 legendaries and a four piece set bonus!

Now I just need to do something about my blue weapon...

--

After a break, I started to work on Treasures of Zereth Mortis. I managed to pick up the Drowned Broker Supplies now that my Pocopoc has Daelic Understanding and is able to control the dude near the water. Next up: Domination Cache! (I got the key a couple of days ago)

Sunday:

Ripened Protopear (https://www.wowhead.com/object=375493/ripened-protopear#comments) was an interesting one - you need to unlock the area via research and questing, then you need to ppollenate an unripe pear five times with a buff in order to loot it.

Now I just have Mistaken Ovoid (which takes five lost ovoid eggs - I have three already so just two more) and Syntactic Vault to go. On with the ovoids!

The Ovoid quest was simple enough and only took a few minutes of following the co-ordinates to get the last two and turn it in. I picked up another schematic too.

The Syntactic Vault was also easy, and not only did I pick up [Treasures of Zereth Mortis], I also got the schematic for Resonant Echo and a Crystalized Echo of the First Song from two nearby chests!


Monday:

I picked up a schematic for a mount. Honestly, the HandyNotes addon has been incredible here - it's SO much easier to find things when they are clearly marked on the map with instructions.

A second schematic followed soon after - this one required talking to a spider that is only viewable when dead.

A third (Scarlet Helicid) was an easy find. The fourth (Vespoid Flutterer) was something I thought I'd have to use the teleporters for, but it's possible to fly to it instead.

Bronzewing Vespoid schematic was similar in that I just needed to fly to the entrance of the cave and then find it inside - no teleport required.

The Schematic: Unsuccessful Prototype Fleetpod was actually pretty awesome and involved unlocking a lot of different secrets. First you have to have all the main things researched and completed all the regular quests. Then you have to unlock the Gravid Repose teleporter chain. Then you need to find a special locus on the back size of a building. Then you need to teleport there. Then you need to complete a minigame and finally the schematic unlocks. I also took a shot at getting the Unalloyed Bronze Ingot from the weekly room nearby but was unsucccessful.


I stopped by Firim next in order to pick up a Forge Tap and Containment Trap. I also researched a whole stack of new powers - I'm probably 2000 Cyphers away from learning all of them and getting that achievement.

I managed to find a few more dudes for the Containment Trap (Completing the Code) - I just have six more to find and trap for that achievement.

Next up was the [Sand, Sand Everywhere] achievement. To get this, I had to unlock a new teleporter location. I also needed to collect all seven Spatial Openers, several of which were quite involved tasks in and of themselves. After that, I followed the guide at https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=15502/sand-sand-everywhere#comments needing 60 cosmic energy and then heading to the Gravid Repose, the Interior Chamber and then (via a second teleporter) to the Dormant Alcove.

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 8/12/23: I finished three more Dragon Isles pet world quests for [Battle on the Dragon Isles II] - just one more to go! Next up, I have a whole bunch of trainers to do to get [An Awfully Big Adventure] - I'm going to start on this now but I have 20 more to do to get Trunks. 8/13/23: Mote Little Scales Daycare to start the day off. I'm nearing the end now - just one more whelp to go. 8/14/23: I finished all the Little Scales Daycare quests and now have [Hey Nanny, Nanny]]! 8/20/23: [Daycare Derby]! Good start to the day. 8/28/23: I started the day by doing the snail daily - just two more to go! Next, I worked on Lomen Niffen rep, trying to get 1500 for the weekly. 8/29/23: Logged in quickly before reset. I did a snail daily (one more to go!) and then defeated Adinakon in a pet battle to pick up [Battle on the Dragon Isles II]! 9/2/23: I worked on the 1500 Loamen Niffen rep for the weekly. It took a surprising number of world quests to get there. 9/3/23: I worked on Secrets of A

[3,115 of 4,646] A whole lot of random.

 7/21/23: I started the day with some quests from the dragon hatchery and for Chromie. The Chromie one was fun - she turned me into a quest giver and had me hand out quests. After that, I did the Tempo quests near Chromie and picked up a cosmetic shades in the process. Next, I worked on the Daycare questline. I now have to wait until tomorrow before continuing. lAfter that, I worked on Loamen Niffen rep to get the 1500 for the weekly. The first quest I did however was for a 405 bracer that I upgraded to 411. (afternoon) I just learned that I can buy Vault keys for 50 Dragonscale Supplies each! [Every Door, Everywhere, All at Once] is mine! I also picked up An Odd Round Object, which is an item I needed to continue the "story" questline from Voraxian (this is an achievement I was working on a few days ago). 7/22/23: I noticed that Old Hatreds' mob was no longer evade bugged and so finally finished that questline, getting [A New Beginning]! Next up, Little Scales Daycare fo

[3,126 of 4,647] The Shadows Revealed!

 8/7/23: I picked up the Duskytooth Snooter by repeatedly resetting the Mechagon instance 18 times until it spawned! Next I did some more Little Scales Daycare quests and picked up two more pets from it. 1464 total now. Now to use my Ultrasafe Transporter and head back to Mechagon to get the last two pets I need. The first of which, Specimen 97, looks like it should be easy enough to catch as it's supposed to be unique but always up. The last one I needed was Yellow Junkhopper. I took the advice on wowhead and made a macro to target it, then repeatedly exited and re-entered the Mechagon instance in order to eventually have one pop up. I think I did this thirteen times or so before it worked (lockout is at 10, so it took an extra hour) and now I finally have [Mecha-Safari]!  I went after the Shadowlands pets next. I was missing four, including Clutch which is semi-rare so I went after that one first. The rest were easy and so now I have [Shadowlands Safari]]! 8/8/23: I spent a bit o