Skip to main content

[2,821 of 4,078] Sanctum Superior, I Guess

I haven't done many mythics recently but I'm still playing the game.

Right now, I'm working on various Zereth Mortis achievements, starting with the Treasures of Zereth Mortis - https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=15331/treasures-of-zereth-mortis#comments

I'm skipping the ones that take a lot of time, like the 1% drop rate key that I need to farm elites for. I'll work on that later, with a group.

I've largely skipped the Protoform Synthesis stuff so far and so I'm way behind with those. It looks like the main achievement here is to craft 50 (!) unique (!) beings, so this one is going to take a while. I'm following the guide here: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/protoform-synthesis-crafting-system-mounts-pets-zereth-mortis

It's super frustrating that so much stuff is locked behind a week-long research task. I wish I'd realized this earlier. Now I have to wait five and a half days just to unlock the ability to START to gather the mats to craft a mount. Stuff like this makes me want to give up and play another game. Timegating (outside of the initial launch period, I guess) is sucky and annoying.

I've been picking up a lot of the schematics as well. Schematic: Shelly - https://www.wowhead.com/item=189446/schematic-shelly#comments - was particularly fun to get as I finally got to use Door of Shadows for something useful ((now that flying means that everyone can usually just fly to most areas).

Also, I REALLY wish I'd known to unlock https://www.wowhead.com/item=188793/improvised-cypher-analysis-tool earlier. That would have saved me 50% of my time spent gathering Cyphers.

After some more rares and treasures, I headed back to Revendreth to turn in some of my anima and to send out adventurers again. I randomly picked up [The Anima Must Flow] along the way.

I also discovered a use for the 500 Sandworm Relic I have in my bags - the 246 ilevel gear that is picked up can be converted into tier gear!

Saturday:

I did a +10 for the first time. Wasn't too difficult to heal.

It turns out that I actually have the 4-piece helm but that would mean needing to re-craft my legendary. I'm going to wait until I hit revered with The Enlightened (currently 10k of 12k) and then I'll decide whether or not to do this.

I've managed to partially complete a lot of small achievements on Zereth Mortis - lots of Treasures and Adventurer etc.

I also randomly picked up [Sanctum Superior] today. I had no idea this increases anima rewards, but it does, apparently.

Oh, also, I unlocked 50% more Cypher Research yesterday. Go me.

Sunday:

Found another achievement bug: "Things To Do When You're Dead" appears for Venthyr, even though it's a Necrolord achievement. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/achievement-things-to-do-when-you%E2%80%99re-dead-appearing-for-venthyr/1247082

My current plan is to hit revered with The Enlightened and buy both the soulbind upgrade to 239 and the second 291 legendary and then get my 4-piece set bonus set up (I actually have four items, but one is my legendary slot for now).

After that, I'm going to mostly work on Zereth Mortis achievements as well as the Venthyr ones until I get bored, then I'm going to close out as many easy (<30 minutes) achievements as I possibly can.

Monday:

I tried working on the Venthyr RSVP quest in Revenloft but I couldn't get the key to drop so I went to Zereth Mortis to work on some other achievements. I'm currently doing Cracking the Code, which involves gathering data from various mobs with the Unstable Containment Trap and I managed to get someone to kelp me kill the Protector of the First Ones for Adventurer of Zereth Mortis.

I picked up the Undulating Foliage (and the Infested Automa Core toy) while fetching the second to last Spatial Opener I needed for [Sand, Sand Everywhere]. Fun little puzzle here: https://ptr.wowhead.com/object=375495/undulating-foliage#comments



Also:

--

This guy is pretty inspirational: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/sfr6g0/36000_achievement_points_with_a_new_job_new_house/ - he has only 100 left!

--

New tool! https://www.dataforazeroth.com/characters/us/Spirestone/Deathspiral is pretty useful for rankings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 8/12/23: I finished three more Dragon Isles pet world quests for [Battle on the Dragon Isles II] - just one more to go! Next up, I have a whole bunch of trainers to do to get [An Awfully Big Adventure] - I'm going to start on this now but I have 20 more to do to get Trunks. 8/13/23: Mote Little Scales Daycare to start the day off. I'm nearing the end now - just one more whelp to go. 8/14/23: I finished all the Little Scales Daycare quests and now have [Hey Nanny, Nanny]]! 8/20/23: [Daycare Derby]! Good start to the day. 8/28/23: I started the day by doing the snail daily - just two more to go! Next, I worked on Lomen Niffen rep, trying to get 1500 for the weekly. 8/29/23: Logged in quickly before reset. I did a snail daily (one more to go!) and then defeated Adinakon in a pet battle to pick up [Battle on the Dragon Isles II]! 9/2/23: I worked on the 1500 Loamen Niffen rep for the weekly. It took a surprising number of world quests to get there. 9/3/23: I worked on Secrets of A

[3,115 of 4,646] A whole lot of random.

 7/21/23: I started the day with some quests from the dragon hatchery and for Chromie. The Chromie one was fun - she turned me into a quest giver and had me hand out quests. After that, I did the Tempo quests near Chromie and picked up a cosmetic shades in the process. Next, I worked on the Daycare questline. I now have to wait until tomorrow before continuing. lAfter that, I worked on Loamen Niffen rep to get the 1500 for the weekly. The first quest I did however was for a 405 bracer that I upgraded to 411. (afternoon) I just learned that I can buy Vault keys for 50 Dragonscale Supplies each! [Every Door, Everywhere, All at Once] is mine! I also picked up An Odd Round Object, which is an item I needed to continue the "story" questline from Voraxian (this is an achievement I was working on a few days ago). 7/22/23: I noticed that Old Hatreds' mob was no longer evade bugged and so finally finished that questline, getting [A New Beginning]! Next up, Little Scales Daycare fo

[3,126 of 4,647] The Shadows Revealed!

 8/7/23: I picked up the Duskytooth Snooter by repeatedly resetting the Mechagon instance 18 times until it spawned! Next I did some more Little Scales Daycare quests and picked up two more pets from it. 1464 total now. Now to use my Ultrasafe Transporter and head back to Mechagon to get the last two pets I need. The first of which, Specimen 97, looks like it should be easy enough to catch as it's supposed to be unique but always up. The last one I needed was Yellow Junkhopper. I took the advice on wowhead and made a macro to target it, then repeatedly exited and re-entered the Mechagon instance in order to eventually have one pop up. I think I did this thirteen times or so before it worked (lockout is at 10, so it took an extra hour) and now I finally have [Mecha-Safari]!  I went after the Shadowlands pets next. I was missing four, including Clutch which is semi-rare so I went after that one first. The rest were easy and so now I have [Shadowlands Safari]]! 8/8/23: I spent a bit o