Skip to main content

[2,777 of 3,980] Shadowlands Flying and more

 Sunday morning: I finished my Korthika dailies in about fifteen minutes and scrolled through the list of achievements looking for something simple. [Timeless Champion] was almost complete so I used my trinket to head in that direction.

I have four rares left to kill. First up was the Great Turtle Furyshell - you get it to spawn by lilling non-rare turtles on the west coast of Timeless Isle. Spelurk wasn't up when I checked and I dislike having to wait around for spawns. 

I ended up hearthing and going to The Maw where I did both dailies and the Venthyr assault.

Monday evening, I did layer nine of Skoldus Hold in Torghast which gave me [The Box of Many Things] and [Touring Torghast]. Oddly, I didn't get [Skoldus Hold] which seems like a bug to me.

I suppose it's time to do my professions. To recap:

Alchemy - Zandalari and Shadowlands - use Huntspiral

Blacksmithing - Legion (87 to 100) onwards. Use Warspiral.

Enchanting - Done.

Engineering - Done. (Not showing up - check Demonspiral)  

Herbalism - Everything. Use a new Druid, Druidspiral.

Inscription -  Zandalari and Shadowlands. Use Roguespiral.

Jewelcrafting - Zandalari and Shadowlands. Use Priestspiral.

Leatherworking -  Zandalari and Shadowlands. Use Roguespiral.

Mining - Everything. Use a new Druid, Druidspiral.

Skinning - Everything except Legion. Use Vulspiral for this one.

Tailoring - Pandaran onwards. Use Priestspiral.

 I'll start with Tailoring and Jewelcrafting on Priestspiral. But first, he needs to escape the Maw...

That being done, I picked up Jewelcrafting and Tailoring from the trainers in Oribus and found someone with an AH mount to get the supplies needed. Tailoring seems easy enough in that there are only a couple of cloth types, but JC seems to need a million different ores and gems. The server shut down for Tuesday reset before I could progress further.

I guess this week is flying week? I need to find out how exactly to get it, assuming Renown of 44 is possible.

I have a few minutes between meetings and so I squeeze in the time to get my priest to 100 Tailoring in Shadowlands. I still need to do JC for Shadowlands as well as Pandaria. I'm also debating whether I should move the faction and server to Horde on Spirestone to actually USE the professions.

On Wednesday I hit 44 Reknown and did the flying questline. Later we did another level 9 Torghast, which gave me [Terror of Torghast] and [Traversing Torghast].

Thursday morning daily Korthica quests. I picked up a Guise of the Changeling toy along the way. I also worked on Shadowlands JC for my Alliance Priest, hitting 100 fairly easily. Now I just need Pandaria. Also, I'm going to keep the priest Alliance so that I can unlock the other Alliance races for Heritage armor.

Thursday evening: Turns out I already have Pandaria JC, I just need to do BFA JC. Tailoring is still one I need however so I'm heading to Pandaria to level that up on Priestspiral now.

Friday morning: I've just realized how much of a pain Legion professions are to level up. There are 38 quests to do per profession, including old dungeons.

Incredibly useful point: Since I'll have several alts needing to do some Legion quests, it helps to know where to get the Dalaran Hearthstone without having to do a dozen into quests each time. From Wowhead: "go to Arzuna thru the portal, go to Dalaran, go to the innkeeper in the middle inn, "Amisi Azuregaze" ask her for a hearthstone and you get your purple one"

Anyway, 36 quests or so takes a while so I switched back to Deathspiral to do the assault and get [United Front]!

Sunday morning and I'm working on Legion tailoring quests again. I've done a couple of dungeons already and I'm feeling good when I learn the next step is to re-do all the Nightfallen quests until I get the disguise, which takes 22 quests by itself. Are all of the professions going to be like this? If so, I need to do them on as few alts as possible so I don't spend forever working on the same quests.

Working my way through these quests again makes me realize how good Legion was in comparison to Shadowlands. So much went into getting levelled up for each profession, whereas now all you need to do is buy some cloth and stand next to a trainer for a few minutes. Legion was such a good expansion.

I need to grind 750 Sightless Eyes to finally get a rank 3 recipe that will let my tailoring hit 100. 

On Monday morning I realized it was Super Squirt day and so took the time to set everything up with Rematch and tdBattlePetScript for Rematch. What this does is have a big queue of pets to level up to 25 and a script that lets you spam "a" over and over again to take care of the extremely dull battle.

After about one and a half movies, I cleared out my leveling queue that I'd set up for the Argus pet battles. I now have 211 level 25 pets, all chosen because they were mentioned in various strats. This is hopefully enough to do most of the Argus and other pet battle achievements soon.

To go over my planning once again, the idea is:

  • Continue to do current content where applicable, with a focus on keeping a decent set of gear to do anything I feel like doing.
  • Do the max-level main professions stuff on my various alts. This involves quite a bit of Legion questing as well as leveling up a Druid for mining and herbalism. I'll make sure the druid is a heritage armor class.
  • All the pet battles and alll the non-main profession stuff like archaeology. I'll go nuts trying to do one then the other so I want to do them all at once.
  • All the heritage armor classes. This includes some more Alliance questing to unlock them. I'll then park all my alts at Onyxia to try for the drake mount each week (and then to Malygos and so on).
  • All the solo and small-group dungeons and raids.
  • All the quests, including things like Sentinax beacons.
  • Misc. stuff like Brawler's Guild.
  • The hard stuff, like the garrison invasions with 1% drop rate items - need to actively find groups for this. This also includes things like camping Frostbitten and Glorious spawns and certain Timeless Isle rares.
  • Non-competitive PVP. This needs to be done with a bunch of multi-boxed alts as the only sane way to hit honor level 500. 
  • Semi-competitive PVP. i.e. Rated BGs etc. but not Gladiator level.
  • Anything else except competitive PVP and current-level PVE.
At that point, it's a tossup between trying to go for max gladiator ranks and cutting edge PVE. Both need serious guilds. I'd probably do PVP first as once you hit the top rank, there isn't another set of achievements to come out in the next expansion. As for PVE, I'll need a mythic raiding guild that is interested in doing the achievements as well.

Hopefully that covers everything. It seems like an enormous amount still to go...
 
As for other stuff, I picked up my Renown for the week and unlocked the new area, as well as doing five timewalking dungeons for the weekly 226 reward.

Other achievments picked up this week: [United Front] for getting all four covenant assaults done, [Expert Timing] picked up randomly during timewalking dungeons, [The Jailer's Vanguard] for LFR and [Adventurer in Chief] for unlocking the rank 3 command table.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 8/12/23: I finished three more Dragon Isles pet world quests for [Battle on the Dragon Isles II] - just one more to go! Next up, I have a whole bunch of trainers to do to get [An Awfully Big Adventure] - I'm going to start on this now but I have 20 more to do to get Trunks. 8/13/23: Mote Little Scales Daycare to start the day off. I'm nearing the end now - just one more whelp to go. 8/14/23: I finished all the Little Scales Daycare quests and now have [Hey Nanny, Nanny]]! 8/20/23: [Daycare Derby]! Good start to the day. 8/28/23: I started the day by doing the snail daily - just two more to go! Next, I worked on Lomen Niffen rep, trying to get 1500 for the weekly. 8/29/23: Logged in quickly before reset. I did a snail daily (one more to go!) and then defeated Adinakon in a pet battle to pick up [Battle on the Dragon Isles II]! 9/2/23: I worked on the 1500 Loamen Niffen rep for the weekly. It took a surprising number of world quests to get there. 9/3/23: I worked on Secrets of A

[3,115 of 4,646] A whole lot of random.

 7/21/23: I started the day with some quests from the dragon hatchery and for Chromie. The Chromie one was fun - she turned me into a quest giver and had me hand out quests. After that, I did the Tempo quests near Chromie and picked up a cosmetic shades in the process. Next, I worked on the Daycare questline. I now have to wait until tomorrow before continuing. lAfter that, I worked on Loamen Niffen rep to get the 1500 for the weekly. The first quest I did however was for a 405 bracer that I upgraded to 411. (afternoon) I just learned that I can buy Vault keys for 50 Dragonscale Supplies each! [Every Door, Everywhere, All at Once] is mine! I also picked up An Odd Round Object, which is an item I needed to continue the "story" questline from Voraxian (this is an achievement I was working on a few days ago). 7/22/23: I noticed that Old Hatreds' mob was no longer evade bugged and so finally finished that questline, getting [A New Beginning]! Next up, Little Scales Daycare fo

[3,126 of 4,647] The Shadows Revealed!

 8/7/23: I picked up the Duskytooth Snooter by repeatedly resetting the Mechagon instance 18 times until it spawned! Next I did some more Little Scales Daycare quests and picked up two more pets from it. 1464 total now. Now to use my Ultrasafe Transporter and head back to Mechagon to get the last two pets I need. The first of which, Specimen 97, looks like it should be easy enough to catch as it's supposed to be unique but always up. The last one I needed was Yellow Junkhopper. I took the advice on wowhead and made a macro to target it, then repeatedly exited and re-entered the Mechagon instance in order to eventually have one pop up. I think I did this thirteen times or so before it worked (lockout is at 10, so it took an extra hour) and now I finally have [Mecha-Safari]!  I went after the Shadowlands pets next. I was missing four, including Clutch which is semi-rare so I went after that one first. The rest were easy and so now I have [Shadowlands Safari]]! 8/8/23: I spent a bit o