Skip to main content

[2,686 of 3,896] Priority Mail and misc. quests

Monday morning and I'm off to Zandalar to work on How to Train Your Direhorn - something I had worked on before but not finished. I'm on the Torcali's Blessing stage and had to throw a toy for the Direhorn today. Such is the life of a Mawwalker.

I hunted for the two dinosaurs for [Life Finds a Way... to Die!] but they weren't up (again) so I decided to complete a digsite to get to 832 of 950 in Archeology.

I end up having to file a bug report for [To All the Squirrels I Set Sail to See] because the Crested Gekkota doesn't seem to count for the achievement when /love'ed.

I then tried farming Bloodraged Pterrordax for the Pterrordax egg. I HATE farming mobs so I forced myself to do 100 and then decided to come back another day. The odds are that I'll get the egg after 2,500 kills although obviously it could take longer.

Monday evening and I'm back killing another 150 Pterrordaxes. Oddly, I've noted that the whole place is full of level 11 to 19 players each time I've come here. I assume it's because they can level up in any expansion now and this is a great grinding spot.

Yearning for something different, I hearthed to Org and set out to finish up my Desolace quests. It took a lot more digging around than expected to find the missing ones - I found four in obscure places and none of them showed up on the map but now I'm the proud holder of [Desolace Quests]. On to Feralas!

Tuesday reset and I'm still in Feralas. Right now I need to weaken an ogre to capture it - good thing I have a Soft Foam Sword, since I one-shot all of these dudes otherwise.

It's honestly a lot of fun to come back to this old content and know that I'm just about the only person in the zone. I feel like an explorer, seeking out the mysteries of an undiscovered land; something that is ruined when players with names like Bigballz and SirLanceALittle are running around the area with me.

Just from questing in Feralas, I've picked up two blue world drops that seem to be in demand - one sells for over 80,000g and the other for over 20,000g plus several greens in the 3k-4k range.

The last two sub-sections of [Feralas Quests] were both extremely short, almost as if the quest-makers were rushed and just needed to deliver *something* before a deadline. Still, they are done and I have the achievement!

Next up: hearth back to Sinfall, send out adventurers and then work on some pet battles to level up my pets so that I can do all the new pet achievements in Shadowlands. (It's pet battle week) Even if Squirt isn't up, I may be able to do Sir Galveston or something.

Okay, so I went to The Maw first, picking up [Soulkeeper's Burden] along the way, then to Maldraxxus for both the world boss and the calling.

Bastion was Wednesday's calling and I also completed most of my Maw quests (almost finished with Tentative rep). I then did something different, a quick 5-key giving me [Mythic: Spires of Ascension].

I decided again that I wanted to try something new, so headed to Dalaran to visit the Postmaster. I need to sort 30 letters in 60 seconds for the achievements. I picked up both [Post Haste] and [Priority Mail] after using the following macro to pause the timer:

/run local t = time() + 10 while time() < t do end

I suspect the same macro may work for other client-side games, like the darkmoon faire races and games...

Anyway, seeking more new stuff, I headed to Winterspring and picked up [E'ko Madness] as well as some engineering schematics and a pet trainer for [An Awfully Big Adventure].

Next up: Felwood, the last Quest achievement I've yet to earn in Kalimdor. I finally picked up [Felwood Quests] on Thursday morning. Fun quests, didn't take too long, nice Illidan bit.

Thursday afternoon and Maldraxxus is again the calling. I'm getting very close with my anima now - just 600 to go to hit 10,000 for the Oribos portal.

Back to Zulzadar for another daily with my soon to be mount (Child of Torcali), then off to kill another 200 Pterrordaxes in the hope that one of them will finally drop the egg.

No luck with the Pterrordaxes, so I went to do my Child of Torcali daily quest and look for the two brutosaurs that I'm still missing for [Life Finds a Way... to Die!]. Thunderfoot was up, so I'm down to just one more rare for this achievement.

Back to Maldraxxus (again!) for the calling. And again the next day, Seriously.

At least I hit my 10,000 anima mark and get to research Mirror's Edge for the portal to Oribos!

Before I do this week's Ember Court, I need to find better decorations. Ember Court: Mortal Reminders is the quest I need to complete to do this, and it's pretty varied, with trips to Grizzly Hills, Molten Core and the Jade Forest to complete.

In the Jade Forest, I ended up queuing for A Brewing Storm scenario. Or tried to, anyway - the "Queue for A Brewing Storm" option doesn't work. Apparently I need to try Loremaster Shin.

Still in Jade Forest, I find myself doing an archaeology dig as well as looking up how to complete a few rares and achievements that ATT has flagged for me.

Loremaster Shin is tough to find - it turns out she only shows up if you talk to Zidormi to reset back to the old version of the zone first. How the hell is anyone supposed to know that to work around a bug, without wowhead?

I ended up spending almost two hours in OG Ashran for the brawl. Holy crap this took a long time. I did pick up two more toys however - Kowalski's Music Box and LeBlanc's recorder. The recorder reduces aggro radius which seems useful.

In the end, we never finished and after 2.5 hours I gave up and left the battleground. I did however get an idea for my next achievement attempt - I'm going to level up a hunter (Highmountain Tauren) to level 50.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 8/12/23: I finished three more Dragon Isles pet world quests for [Battle on the Dragon Isles II] - just one more to go! Next up, I have a whole bunch of trainers to do to get [An Awfully Big Adventure] - I'm going to start on this now but I have 20 more to do to get Trunks. 8/13/23: Mote Little Scales Daycare to start the day off. I'm nearing the end now - just one more whelp to go. 8/14/23: I finished all the Little Scales Daycare quests and now have [Hey Nanny, Nanny]]! 8/20/23: [Daycare Derby]! Good start to the day. 8/28/23: I started the day by doing the snail daily - just two more to go! Next, I worked on Lomen Niffen rep, trying to get 1500 for the weekly. 8/29/23: Logged in quickly before reset. I did a snail daily (one more to go!) and then defeated Adinakon in a pet battle to pick up [Battle on the Dragon Isles II]! 9/2/23: I worked on the 1500 Loamen Niffen rep for the weekly. It took a surprising number of world quests to get there. 9/3/23: I worked on Secrets of A

[3,115 of 4,646] A whole lot of random.

 7/21/23: I started the day with some quests from the dragon hatchery and for Chromie. The Chromie one was fun - she turned me into a quest giver and had me hand out quests. After that, I did the Tempo quests near Chromie and picked up a cosmetic shades in the process. Next, I worked on the Daycare questline. I now have to wait until tomorrow before continuing. lAfter that, I worked on Loamen Niffen rep to get the 1500 for the weekly. The first quest I did however was for a 405 bracer that I upgraded to 411. (afternoon) I just learned that I can buy Vault keys for 50 Dragonscale Supplies each! [Every Door, Everywhere, All at Once] is mine! I also picked up An Odd Round Object, which is an item I needed to continue the "story" questline from Voraxian (this is an achievement I was working on a few days ago). 7/22/23: I noticed that Old Hatreds' mob was no longer evade bugged and so finally finished that questline, getting [A New Beginning]! Next up, Little Scales Daycare fo

[3,126 of 4,647] The Shadows Revealed!

 8/7/23: I picked up the Duskytooth Snooter by repeatedly resetting the Mechagon instance 18 times until it spawned! Next I did some more Little Scales Daycare quests and picked up two more pets from it. 1464 total now. Now to use my Ultrasafe Transporter and head back to Mechagon to get the last two pets I need. The first of which, Specimen 97, looks like it should be easy enough to catch as it's supposed to be unique but always up. The last one I needed was Yellow Junkhopper. I took the advice on wowhead and made a macro to target it, then repeatedly exited and re-entered the Mechagon instance in order to eventually have one pop up. I think I did this thirteen times or so before it worked (lockout is at 10, so it took an extra hour) and now I finally have [Mecha-Safari]!  I went after the Shadowlands pets next. I was missing four, including Clutch which is semi-rare so I went after that one first. The rest were easy and so now I have [Shadowlands Safari]]! 8/8/23: I spent a bit o