Skip to main content

[2553 of 3648] All Mythic +15 complete! Plus planning for pre-patch





I finished the Battle For Azeroth Keystone Master achievement by getting the final +15 Mythics that I needed. Just like most of the others, I did this by buying runs instead of actually putting in the work to do them all properly. (I DID do some of the +15s with my guild but I didn't want to lean on them too much).

I did some more Island Expeditions this week and picked up 500 doubloons for one of the mounts. This put me at 300, which gave me both Lord of the Reins and another mount towards 400 :)

Some planning for the pre-patch:

First, as usual, I need to focus on the things that are going away forever. Getting the +15 mount (and Bruce from the Brawler's Guild quest) were my main pre-patch goals. There are some other things liek the Mad World feat of strength that are tempting but I don't care all that much about titles, unless there is a non-feat achievement associated with them. 

I'll most likely try to hit rank 4 brawlers guild because I'm nearly there anyway and it unlocks heirlooms/ xmogs that may end up going away. I'm less sure if I care about getting to rank 8 or doing the other things as these will probably all become feats of strength soon.

Hertz Locker, i.e. do a full Mechagon run on hard mode with no deaths (to get vision of perfection rank 4) is tempting since it goes away in the pre-patch, but I don't think I care much about the cosmetic stuff and getting every rank 4 essence is probably not going to happen before Shadowlands (so no title for me either).

One interesting thing is that reps in Legion and BFA currently get a 100% boost. I'm definitely going to use this to his exalted with the two latest factions but I also realized that this applies to all the reps I need to unlock allied races on the alliance side. Coupled with the 100% experience bonus (is this still a thing?) and I should really be focusing on both unlocking all the alliance allied races and on getting whatever reps I need to complete the war campaign on alliance.

I have a second account that I never use and I'm tempted to try my hand at multiboxing. I got the second account (same battle.net account) because it is one of the few sane ways to get enough honor to hit some of the crazier PVP achievements (like honor level 400) - this is because the honor achievements are shared between linked accounts. Doing this now would also mean I get to avoid buying shadowlands multiple times for each account.

With three accounts, I could run one half of an island expedition by myself. That would help with all the IE PVP achievements I've yet to complete. Of course, with SIX accounts, I could queue against myself...

As for other mounts, it may be worth paying for the Mytic Jaina mount to avoid having to farm it at 1% later. For around 250,000g this is probably worth it to be honest. Mythic N'Zoth on the other hand is far too expensive to buy.

To summarize then:

For Deathspiral, I'll make sure to get to exalted with both of my missing reps and I'll get rank 4 in the Brawler's Guild for the achievement and xmogs etc. For multibox stuff:

1. I'll get a third account to multibox with, set up the appropriate software and bractice running three characters at the same time.
2. I'll research a good mix to go with my current shaman main and will work on getting them all to the point that I can do one side of an island expedition by myself.
3. I'll then switch to alliance and work on the reps I need to unlock the various allied races, as well as making sure that I complete the war campaign while there are still people running raids (and the rep boost helps).
4. If there is also a 100% experience boost available, I'll level up some of the allied races from their starting level for the achievements for them. This is a grind so hopefully I can find some tricks to make it faster.
5. With a large stable of alts, I can focus on making money via professions and mount farming more easily.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 8/12/23: I finished three more Dragon Isles pet world quests for [Battle on the Dragon Isles II] - just one more to go! Next up, I have a whole bunch of trainers to do to get [An Awfully Big Adventure] - I'm going to start on this now but I have 20 more to do to get Trunks. 8/13/23: Mote Little Scales Daycare to start the day off. I'm nearing the end now - just one more whelp to go. 8/14/23: I finished all the Little Scales Daycare quests and now have [Hey Nanny, Nanny]]! 8/20/23: [Daycare Derby]! Good start to the day. 8/28/23: I started the day by doing the snail daily - just two more to go! Next, I worked on Lomen Niffen rep, trying to get 1500 for the weekly. 8/29/23: Logged in quickly before reset. I did a snail daily (one more to go!) and then defeated Adinakon in a pet battle to pick up [Battle on the Dragon Isles II]! 9/2/23: I worked on the 1500 Loamen Niffen rep for the weekly. It took a surprising number of world quests to get there. 9/3/23: I worked on Secrets of A

[3,115 of 4,646] A whole lot of random.

 7/21/23: I started the day with some quests from the dragon hatchery and for Chromie. The Chromie one was fun - she turned me into a quest giver and had me hand out quests. After that, I did the Tempo quests near Chromie and picked up a cosmetic shades in the process. Next, I worked on the Daycare questline. I now have to wait until tomorrow before continuing. lAfter that, I worked on Loamen Niffen rep to get the 1500 for the weekly. The first quest I did however was for a 405 bracer that I upgraded to 411. (afternoon) I just learned that I can buy Vault keys for 50 Dragonscale Supplies each! [Every Door, Everywhere, All at Once] is mine! I also picked up An Odd Round Object, which is an item I needed to continue the "story" questline from Voraxian (this is an achievement I was working on a few days ago). 7/22/23: I noticed that Old Hatreds' mob was no longer evade bugged and so finally finished that questline, getting [A New Beginning]! Next up, Little Scales Daycare fo

[3,126 of 4,647] The Shadows Revealed!

 8/7/23: I picked up the Duskytooth Snooter by repeatedly resetting the Mechagon instance 18 times until it spawned! Next I did some more Little Scales Daycare quests and picked up two more pets from it. 1464 total now. Now to use my Ultrasafe Transporter and head back to Mechagon to get the last two pets I need. The first of which, Specimen 97, looks like it should be easy enough to catch as it's supposed to be unique but always up. The last one I needed was Yellow Junkhopper. I took the advice on wowhead and made a macro to target it, then repeatedly exited and re-entered the Mechagon instance in order to eventually have one pop up. I think I did this thirteen times or so before it worked (lockout is at 10, so it took an extra hour) and now I finally have [Mecha-Safari]!  I went after the Shadowlands pets next. I was missing four, including Clutch which is semi-rare so I went after that one first. The rest were easy and so now I have [Shadowlands Safari]]! 8/8/23: I spent a bit o