Skip to main content

Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare

Blizzard recently merged the 10-person and 25-person older raid achievements into a single achievement. This is good news for those of us who didn't want to do this achievement twice. http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2924/iron-dwarf-medium-rare-25-player Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare is one of those achievements that I've tried to do as part of regular Ulduar runs around twenty times without success. This time I was determined to finish the damn thing. All told, it takes about half an hour to do after zoning in to Ulduar. Flame Leviathan takes part of that time but most of the time is spent AFKing until 25 Guardians appear. This is the best strat to use at 110 that doesn't rely on timing things just right: 1. TAKE OFF YOUR WEAPON and anything else that may proc to kill mobs 2. Start the fight and allow all four harpoons to be built. 3. AFK for 10-15 minutes until at least 25 Guardians spawn. 4. Use all four harpoons to ground Razorscale. 5. PUNCH Razorscale below 50% health then immediately target yourself. 6. Wait another 10 minutes for Razorscale's breath to kill all the adds. 7. If you didn't get all 25, just reset and start again - the counter stays at the level it was before.
Two mounts :) Other stuff: I farmed 100 chocolates for the noblegarden pet (thanks to ALL THE THINGS addon for the reminder). I also completed some quests that I'd had lying around forever, picked up another 100 Darkmoon Faire tokens for the Dirigible and started working on both the "Kill 2000 non-trivial demons" achievement for the mount and the achievement to find all of the hidden chests around Argus. Planning: I have just over four months before the next expansion comes out. In that time I want to complete almost all of the solo and small group achievements that I have left, as well as any that will be especially difficult to complete once the xpac is over. (As an example: achievements that rely on having a large number of players in an area, like some of the world PVP achievements, are often very hard to complete later). I should also pick up some gold and sell off anything that I don't especially need. Specific plan: 1. I need to max out the professions on my alts. This means herbalism, mining, skinning and tailoring (which requires leveling my mage to 110). I've got a good route for the gathering professions that uses speed boosts, barding to prevent daze and the sky golem to allow harvesting herbs without dismounting. I know a druid would be best but, alas... 2. I'll run through all of the old quest areas in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. While going that, I'll use ALL THE THINGS to grab any items in the zone that I'm missing. This includes any exploration achievements nearby. 3. Grinding out Pandarian and Mogu archaeology until I have all achievements. Buying up keystones is likely a good idea here, even if they ARE a ton of gold. Actually, it may be wise to find a server where the keystones are especially cheap, buy a wow token worth of gold, then buy up all the keystones consistently before transferring. Once I have these achievements, I can switch to 100% mantid spawns, finish the mantid, then use the thousands of crated relics to help finish the others. 4. All the old soloable dungeon achievements. This includes the raids that grant x-mog gear needed for an achievement. 5. Fishing achievements, including the ones for the new fishing buddies. This is pretty important to do before the new xpac comes since they are best done in a raid group. 6. Pets. Weekly: 1. Taking advantage of whatever the weekly focus is (e.g. world quests, or timewalking) is important for efficiency. 2. I need to finish my rep grinds for a lot of the old-world raids like Molten Core and AQ20/AQ40. At a minimum, I need to remember to use the guild standard on MC bosses. There is likely a bunch of xmog gear to pick up for the achievements here as well. 3. I need to grind a few key raids on every alt I have to get achievement-based mounts. In particular, I need to do Onyxia on every alt, as well as Malygos in the Borean Tundra until I get both drakes from there. 4. I need to do the old garrison invasions weekly. There are achievements for this, plus four mounts. 5. I need to do the Legion archaeology quest every two weeks until I've done all of them. Daily stuff: 1. I'll do the daily WQ consistently - I need to do 10,000 of these fucking things and the most efficient way is to get the bonus rep for extra mounts. I get 150g and 100 order resources per world quest due to my triple legendary follower too. 2. I should be sending out my shipyard every day to get the achievement. Naval missions with the fishing equipment can apparently award the sea turtle mount too. 3. Blingtron 5000 on my alt until I get the last message for the achievement. Other: 1. I'm seriously considering dropping Jewelcrafting for Engineering. Having a whole bunch of teleports and other useful stuff sounds fantastic long-term. The main blocker is that I don't especially want to have to re-level both JC and Engineering and, more importantly, I like having a lot of the rare recipes from JC. Still, I think it's time to bite the bullet and get this done sooner rather than later, likely right after I get the "800 in all professions" achievement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 8/12/23: I finished three more Dragon Isles pet world quests for [Battle on the Dragon Isles II] - just one more to go! Next up, I have a whole bunch of trainers to do to get [An Awfully Big Adventure] - I'm going to start on this now but I have 20 more to do to get Trunks. 8/13/23: Mote Little Scales Daycare to start the day off. I'm nearing the end now - just one more whelp to go. 8/14/23: I finished all the Little Scales Daycare quests and now have [Hey Nanny, Nanny]]! 8/20/23: [Daycare Derby]! Good start to the day. 8/28/23: I started the day by doing the snail daily - just two more to go! Next, I worked on Lomen Niffen rep, trying to get 1500 for the weekly. 8/29/23: Logged in quickly before reset. I did a snail daily (one more to go!) and then defeated Adinakon in a pet battle to pick up [Battle on the Dragon Isles II]! 9/2/23: I worked on the 1500 Loamen Niffen rep for the weekly. It took a surprising number of world quests to get there. 9/3/23: I worked on Secrets of A

[3,115 of 4,646] A whole lot of random.

 7/21/23: I started the day with some quests from the dragon hatchery and for Chromie. The Chromie one was fun - she turned me into a quest giver and had me hand out quests. After that, I did the Tempo quests near Chromie and picked up a cosmetic shades in the process. Next, I worked on the Daycare questline. I now have to wait until tomorrow before continuing. lAfter that, I worked on Loamen Niffen rep to get the 1500 for the weekly. The first quest I did however was for a 405 bracer that I upgraded to 411. (afternoon) I just learned that I can buy Vault keys for 50 Dragonscale Supplies each! [Every Door, Everywhere, All at Once] is mine! I also picked up An Odd Round Object, which is an item I needed to continue the "story" questline from Voraxian (this is an achievement I was working on a few days ago). 7/22/23: I noticed that Old Hatreds' mob was no longer evade bugged and so finally finished that questline, getting [A New Beginning]! Next up, Little Scales Daycare fo

[3,126 of 4,647] The Shadows Revealed!

 8/7/23: I picked up the Duskytooth Snooter by repeatedly resetting the Mechagon instance 18 times until it spawned! Next I did some more Little Scales Daycare quests and picked up two more pets from it. 1464 total now. Now to use my Ultrasafe Transporter and head back to Mechagon to get the last two pets I need. The first of which, Specimen 97, looks like it should be easy enough to catch as it's supposed to be unique but always up. The last one I needed was Yellow Junkhopper. I took the advice on wowhead and made a macro to target it, then repeatedly exited and re-entered the Mechagon instance in order to eventually have one pop up. I think I did this thirteen times or so before it worked (lockout is at 10, so it took an extra hour) and now I finally have [Mecha-Safari]!  I went after the Shadowlands pets next. I was missing four, including Clutch which is semi-rare so I went after that one first. The rest were easy and so now I have [Shadowlands Safari]]! 8/8/23: I spent a bit o