Skip to main content

[3,416 of 5,120] 500 mounts!

 5/26/24: Then usual stuff. I did more Time Rifts yesterday and picked up some achievements for that. Today I did a hunt and got another bakkar color (2 to go) and completed [Treasures of the Ohn'ahran Plains]!


5/29/24: [Can You Dig It?] - this one took a lot of weeks. Glad it's over with.

5/30/24: [Friend of Ooz] - thanks WQAchievements!


6/10/24: I've been doing MoP Remix. My druid is up to level 61 and I've picked up the Houlon mount for [Gonna Need a Bigger Bag]! I also picked up a whole bunch of Scenarios achievements.

I'm also picking up several mobs for [Glorious!] which is fantastic. With the fast respawn rates, now is the time to do this achievement without spending hours looking for mobs to spawn.

Scratch that, the achievement isn't account-wide so I'd need to find all 56 of them in MoP to get the achievement. Still possible but less awesome.

6/13/24: I'm picking up two toys for [Gonna Need a Bigger Bag] since they are both 1% drops and then I'm going to collect all the cheap mounts to get me closer to 500 mounts achievement. The 100% boost to bronze is fantastic.

 

I also picked up another Storms achievement and the meta for one of them and [The Best At What I Do]! I also got another color for [Tetrachromamancer] - just one more to go. This last achievement is supposed to be the hardest one for the meta so hopefully I'll get it soon. I also did my weekly time rift - I'm almost on the last stage of Sidormi rep and I only have two mounts left to get.


 6/19/24: [Adventurer of Zaralek Cavern] into [Que Zara(lek), Zara(lek)]! I did this with Clacking Claw to help with that achievement later. I also did timerunning for the week and the two dungeons that give Sidormi rep - I'm 5,635 of 18,000 now.

I also did the daily dungeon and scenario for Pandaria. I've picked up a ton of mounts and all three items for Bigger Bag so I'm getting close to done with that game feature. I at least want to get the rest of the cheaper mounts and some of the cheap toys as well - I'm sure there will be another toy achievement in the next xpac.

For now my plan is to do a Sidormi dungeon per day as well as farm keys for Obsidian Keymaster and farm Disturbed Dirt for the various Treasures that I'm still missing. I think I have three more treasures to go, so that's 150 to 300 roughly dirts and scout packs.

 

6/20/24: [While We Were Sleeping]! Then I did another Sodormi dungeon and went to the Forbidden Reach to open 150 vault doors (51 so far). Next was [Librarian of the Reach]!


6/24/24: Review of all outstanding meta achievement tasks:

You Know How To Reach Me:

Door Buster - 76/150. I can do up to 40 keys per week although 30 is more reasonable. This implies 3-4 weeks of doing the vault. I already have almost enough keys to finish this.

Treasures of the forbidden reach - I have about 5 of these. Use the Scroll of Perception and Anomaly Detection Mark 1 to help find them and then go to all the locations in wowhead. This should be doable in a couple of days.

Hoarder of the Forbidden Reach - 10 of 20. But really this is 10 of 100. Get the map and pick up small treasures all over the island. I'm largely going to get this passively while doing the other ones and then I'll explore vaults near the end to finish it up.

Champion of the Forbidden Reach - I didn't realize I need to get ALL of these. I'm a bit over halfway done. I'll just rely on RareScanner to find them for me and drop what I am doing each time it goes off.

Forbidden Spoils - 4 of 10. Easy enough since the Scroll of Perception highlights them. I need to just keep buying scrolls.

Scroll Hunter - I need 50. I have 5. The trick here is to farm Froststone Vault, ideally in a group, while using the crystal buff and then DON'T loot until you have farmed for 4-5 minutes. That should mean you get more than one scroll at a time. People are saying they got all 50 in just 3 hours farming this way. Some people said recently that this may be fixed to not work any more (in the last 15 days) but still, forming a group seems worth it. I need to buy a lot of crystals and maps.

Under the Weather - every 2 hours on the hour, just do the event. Need to wait until one I need is up. 


Then there is Legend of the Multiverse - just do the heroic dungeon 7 more times.

Maximum Power - join a Cobalt Assembly farm group.

 

Treasures of the Waking Shores - I need one more. Just farm Dirt x 50 or so to get another map. I need three more treasures total across all of these.

We're going to need a bigger harpoon - 4/10 but really 4 of  25. I have 50 conch already so I need to do 11 more fishing world quests to get enough conch and then knock these out. Check every day for another fishing quest.

 Treasures of the Azure Span - 1 left, 50ish dirt.


Centaur of Attention:

Hunt Master - Still need Southern Walking Shores hunt

Tetrachromamancer - need 1 more color. This means doing as many hunts as possible until I get it

Adventurer of the Ohn'aran Plains - need one more rare, can get this any time I am in the zone.

The Disgruntled Hunter - still need 7 of these. Need to make it a priority when a hunt is up. Is there an order to the hunts?


Obsidian Keymaster - need 13 more keys. Get them by farming downstairs in a group. Aim to get 5 per week.

Treasures of Thaldrassus - need one more. 50ish dirt.

Chasing Storms in Thaldrasus - last one for the meta. Just need it to pop.


7/1/24: [Thanks For the Carry]! 500 mounts!





 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember to Share (300 Toys)!

This one has taken a while. I finally picked up 300 toys (and thus the mount for the achievement) after starting to seriously work on my Archaeology achievements for the first time. I've been doing the fortnightly Legion archaeology quests for a while (and thus had 800 skill) but I completely ignored this profession in earlier expansions as it seemed seriously boring. With some knowledge and a good addon, it's much better however. Some tips if you're just starting to work on archaeology: 1. Download the "Archy" addon. This addon does several things: first, it shows you the location and completion status of all digsites in the current continent. Second, it automatically sets the closes one as a waypoint for TomTom. Third, it indicates when it's possible to solve an artifact with and without a keystone, so you don't have to constantly check your archaeology screen. On top of that, the distance indicator shows when you are in the correct range from your

A Song of Wind and Water

I've been working on Oracles and Ogri'la rep every day and have about four days to go. One thing I've noticed about these older daily quests is that there is little provision for high-level players that one-shot everything. Two quests in particular stand out as being annoying until you learn the high-level trick. The first is Banish More Demons in Blade's Edge. This involves placing a portal on the ground then killing demons within a few feet of the portal. The portal has a one-minute cooldown and you need fifteen demons. It was a slow exercise in frustration because kiting further-away demons was difficult sue to all my abilities one-shotting them before they got near. In the end, I learned to use the Shaman's "Purge" ability to aggro mobs without killing them and pull them close to the portal. The second, and more annoying, quest that isn't scaled for high-level players is the Ogri-la's Song of Wind and Water .  This involves weakening

Beta update - best achievement EVER!

It probably won't make it to live. But check out this feat of strength from the beta: