Skip to main content

[3,339 of 5,120] Pandaria Remix

 4/11/24: So I'm working on The World Awoken before it goes away in the next xpac. It's possible it won't go away but still, it's a good focusing mechanism.

The longest one to get looks like it's going to be https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=16543/tetrachromancer#comments [Tetrachromancer] - people have done hundreds of hunts and not gotten all the colors.

It looks like the strategy is to get class trials and do the weekly hunt with them to get purple bags, since those have a higher chance of dropping the colors (once weekly).

4/11/24: [Whose a Good Bakar?] This one took forever. I finally had it show up after a bunch of attempts.

4/12/24: [Puzzle Performer]! Finally! This one took forever but WQAchievements saved the day and let me know that it was up today.


I also picked up [Adventurer of Thaldrassus]!

[Longhunter] too!

I picked up the Friendsurge Defenders toy and so now I can get the pet from the Emerald Dream!

4/13/24: Finished up the Eon's Fringe dailies for [Fringe Benefits] and [Dragon Quests]!


[Firestorms in the Waking Shores]!

Took 12 months - [Trading Post Enthusiast]!

 

4/15/24: [Sandstorms in the Walking Shores] found a group, took 20 minutes.
 

4/21/24: [Seeing Red]! I had this quest sitting in my log forever. I thought it was an old Legion one for the longest time and just decided to get rid of it today by completing it.

[Thunderstorms in the Ohn'ahran Plains] - quick one, I only needed 31 more dudes and found a group speedily.

I found a [Mythic Neltharus] group! Finally - no one wanted to run it each time I looked in the past. I also picked up [Ready for Raiding VIII] and [Knowledge is... Preserved?]!

 

[Fishing Round the Isles]! This one took a while. Thanks WQAchievements!

5/18/24: I have a bunch to update but nothing major, just lots of smaller achievements like various storms. Right now I'm strongly tempted to do the Mists of Pandaria event since it can grant Houlon as one of the mounts - this is needed for Gonna Need a Bigger Bag and is a pain in the ass to farm.


5/20/24: Houlon is 38500 bronze (and level 35) and I am probably going to pick up some of the really cheap mounts as well for the 500 mounts achievement, so total bronze needed is likely around 18*2200 = 39600 plus the 38500 for Houlon. That's a bit over 75k bronze which I expect to get a bit after I hit level 70.


I picked up another Storms achievement yesterday as well and I worked on getting Conchs for the Lunker achievement - I need a bunch more and the fastest way to get them is with fishing quests.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember to Share (300 Toys)!

This one has taken a while. I finally picked up 300 toys (and thus the mount for the achievement) after starting to seriously work on my Archaeology achievements for the first time. I've been doing the fortnightly Legion archaeology quests for a while (and thus had 800 skill) but I completely ignored this profession in earlier expansions as it seemed seriously boring. With some knowledge and a good addon, it's much better however. Some tips if you're just starting to work on archaeology: 1. Download the "Archy" addon. This addon does several things: first, it shows you the location and completion status of all digsites in the current continent. Second, it automatically sets the closes one as a waypoint for TomTom. Third, it indicates when it's possible to solve an artifact with and without a keystone, so you don't have to constantly check your archaeology screen. On top of that, the distance indicator shows when you are in the correct range from your

A Song of Wind and Water

I've been working on Oracles and Ogri'la rep every day and have about four days to go. One thing I've noticed about these older daily quests is that there is little provision for high-level players that one-shot everything. Two quests in particular stand out as being annoying until you learn the high-level trick. The first is Banish More Demons in Blade's Edge. This involves placing a portal on the ground then killing demons within a few feet of the portal. The portal has a one-minute cooldown and you need fifteen demons. It was a slow exercise in frustration because kiting further-away demons was difficult sue to all my abilities one-shotting them before they got near. In the end, I learned to use the Shaman's "Purge" ability to aggro mobs without killing them and pull them close to the portal. The second, and more annoying, quest that isn't scaled for high-level players is the Ogri-la's Song of Wind and Water .  This involves weakening

Beta update - best achievement EVER!

It probably won't make it to live. But check out this feat of strength from the beta: